Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Winter Wishes - Snowed in Until Spring


Well we have passed the 12 inch snowfall amount and it is suppose to keep snowing. I am going to be here until spring. It is so white outside. I had no plans to go to work today - that is why I carry vacation days over - I don't know - if the winds stay blowing - if anyone will get out tomorrow. Oh well.
I did make one card so far. This is the card. I thought it was appropriate for the day. Very non traditional colors - but I did not want a Christmas snowman - I wanted a Winter snowman and maybe those other colors - are a hope that spring will come eventually.
The snowman and sentiment is by Gina K - it is part of her Let it Snow Set.
Embossed in Seafoam White.
Rub Ons - Me and My Big Ideas
Buttons - Favorite Findings - Blumenthal Lansing Co.
Acrylic Snowflake - Heidi Swapp
Brad - Hobby Lobby
Stickles
Acrylic Paint
Colorbox Chalk Ink
Paper - Basic Grey Two Scoop
I stamped the snowman on the teal paper and on the pink paper. I cut the scarf out of the pink paper and glued to the team snowman. Inked the edges of the teal paper with white chalk ink. The pink paper I edged with a brighter pink chalk in. I painted the back of the acylic snowflake and adhered it to the card with the snowflake brad. The card base I brushed acrylic paint around the edges to add more dimension and painted around the edges of the teal patterned paper. Added some snowflake rubons. It was a fun card to make.

No comments: