Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday - Almost a Memory

Happy Saturday - but those days of the week end sure go fast especially when you run errands. But at least I will be able to eat again next week - I guess that is important - although I imagine I could live off the fat of the land. I played with some paper today so it was a good day - a little creativity always helps the soul. Thus the name PAPER THERAPY.

Today's card is for the micro challenge over on Caardvarks.

The challenge is to just use cardstock on your card. Leaves are a favorite subject of mine and while looking for something I found this foam stamp I had gotten at JoAnn's in their dollar bin. Inked it up with some ColorBox chalk ink from Clearsnap and stamped it on some cream cardstock. Added a rub on from Crate Paper. Matted the image with dark brown cardstock. The brads are from American Crafts. The card base is 5.25 square. I brushed a mixture of brown and green acrylic paint along the edge of the card to add a little depth to the card base. A very fun, simple card to use - acrylic paints would have been fun to use on the foam stamp also.

Hint: to make sure your brads are in the same spot in each corner - make a template with the hole for the brad in it - line it up in each corner - magic - all your brads are in the same spot on each corner.

Rain tomorrow - yeah - guess I will be doing battle water in the basement - yuck. All this snow has got to go someplace - hopefully not too much in my basement - going to be in the 40's tomorrow - Wisconsin folks will probably be out in their shorts and flip flops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how the chalk ink worked with your foam stamp ... and great sentiment placement on the stem ... wonderful card.

Lisa said...

This is beautiful Barb, and yes, I love how the sentiment is stamped on the leaf.