Monday, March 3, 2008

Spring Cards


wow it is amazing how wonderful colors turn out on a picture with a little sunshine. Actually I took this card to work with me and I took the picture there - put a couple boxes on top of each other with a piece of white paper on top of the boxes. Wonderful big windows with a southern exposure. I should take all my pictures at work. It would be a nice break for the madness.

I knew I wanted to use the patterned paper so I went digging through my bags of scraps and came up with the lavendar matting. This was lavendar cardstock which I had sprayed with the white webbing spray paint from Kylon - if you haven't tried it - it gives a very interesting affect to your paper. Purple felt flower from the dollar bin at JoAnn's. Forever Friends stamp is Hampton Art Stamps. The little flower is from see D's lil' stamps. Chalk ink from Colorbox. Patterned paper is American Crafts - The Goods.

I went to a class tonight at my LSS - we played with some of the Tim Holtz products. It was fun to goop around with stuff without having to go out and buy them. When the sun shines again - I will take pictures and post them - 2 cards and a tag. In a couple weeks I have signed up to take an acetate class - can't get brave enough to try this on my own. Char and Maureen do a nice job with their classes and you know you will come home with some fun stuff.

Everyone have a good evening - I actually have some more cards to post - I gave some to my assistant for her birthday - so now I can post them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this card, Barb. It's so bright and cheery. It's feels like spring is almost here!!!