Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How about a recipe?

Sorry - work is whipping me so there has not been too much creativity around here. I did do some cooking last week end for a neighborhood party. I thought I would share this potatoe recipe with you.

This is one of the recipes I got in the recipe exchange I was in a couple months ago - very easy and very tasty.

Roasted Red Potatoes

1/2 cup light ranch reduced fat dressing (I used regular because that is what I had)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup bacon bits (I chopped up some of the precooked bacon you buy at the store - I used a whole package since I doubled the recipe - there can never be too much bacon)
2 lb small red potatoes, cubed
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I didn't put this in)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dressing, cheese and bacon bits in a large bowl. Add potatoes, toss lightly.

Spoon into lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish; cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil, bake an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.

Bakes 8 servings, 2/3 cup each.

Enjoy.

No comments: