Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rainy Sunday


Rainy, wet Sunday. Wisconsin has been having lots of rain and storms like many areas of the Midwest. Thunderstorm rolling through right now. We really don't need any more rain - I need to mow my lawn - I went out today and it was still wet. Had to pick up branches and twigs all over the yard - I have cheap labour in my neighborhood - kids work for popscicles.
I was visiting a friend (a paper friend) in Joliet, IL - storms rolled through there yesterday but we were missed. We spent Friday and Saturday looking at all kinds of paper and stamps and just enabling each other. We sure had lots of fun - now I need to get busy and create - I don't think I have made anything from my last shopping trip with paper friends - work sure gets in the way of playing with paper.
The card I am sharing this evening is using paper from October Afternoon . They were a new company at CHA Summer 07. Great paper, rub ons and stamps. I believe the ribbon is from Michael's dollar bin - I just scrunched it up as I sewed it on the paper to give it a gathered-pleated look. I made the flower by running a gathering stitch along an edge and pulling it up. I added a brad (Paper Studio) to the center of the flower.
Enjoy the card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I have you have a bunch of new stuff to play with Barb -- so once you get some FREE time it will be fun to see a card with some NEW paper! Great having you with me this weekend to SHOP and hang out!

Sherry Wright said...

What a fun card, great job!