Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday - Time to Party


Tis Saturday and I have a wedding to attend. Thus - a wedding card for today's post.
Last night I actually sewed something - my neighbor is having a baby shower today and just finished some remodeling - I knew she really wanted her curtains done and she had gotten a very simple valance pattern so after sharing some pizza with them - I came home at 7 and by 9 I delivered two valances back to their house - and had a beer to celebrate. She really liked them. I was quite the accomplished seamstress at one point in my life and worked in a fabric store for over 10 years but life got in the way and I no longer sew - except for on my cards. I bought myself this expensive sewing machine as a gift to myself when I graduated from college (not that many years ago). I always tell my children if I would become a Grandma - I would be happy to start sewing again. Slowly I have been getting rid of my fabric and patterns.
Here are the details for today's card.
Bride and groom - iron on from Plaid
Bling Heart - Kaiser Scrapbook
Paper - My Mind's Eye
Rub On - Imaginisce (from a set of birthday rub ons - but I think it is great for a wedding card)
Scallop border - QuicKutz Scallop Border
Now I need to go finish the inside of the card with a nice saying. Sometimes I think this is the hardest part of making a card. Everyone have a great day.

No comments: