Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thank You with a Flourish



I can see I need some practice on taking pictures outside - I got the shadow of the bow in the front of the card - hasn't digital made a world of difference in taking pictures - I might even have pictures of my children if I had digital - but that was an unexplored world when they were young. Technology sure has evolved and it keeps evolving. My daughter had a small Canon Powershot with her last week end - sure liked the size - maybe my next digital - of course - I would feel guilty getting a new one if my old one still worked fine. Mother's guilt - I guess you never get over that.
I have brownies in the oven baking - Betty Crocker frosted brownies - the best mix around and then I doctor it - today instead of water - I used coffee and threw in some carmel and chocolate chips. Yummy - I take the brownies to the neighbors - each family gets half the pan. They love it.
Today's card is based on the sketch at Card Positioning System. It was a fun sketch - and I knew I had the best paper to use with it. Looking at the photo - I need some more glue on the strip on the strip on the inside. Off to find
Supplies
Patterned paper - Kaiser Scrapbooking (Waterberry Collection) the base of the card is patterned paper that had that scalloped frame on it - double sided paper - so the inside is beautiful also - the flowers were fussy cut from one sheet of paper
Ribbon - Lasting Impressions
Pearl Swirls - Prima
Pearl Brads - Paper Studio
Rub On - Karen Foster Design
Pop Dots by All Night Media
Looking at the photo - I need some more glue on the strip on the inside of the card. Off to find some glue to slip underneath the strip.
I need to go finish mowing my lawn and maybe pull some weeds. We will see how much energy I have. Everyone enjoy your Sunday - do I have to go back to work tomorrow???

4 comments:

Ivanka said...

Beautiful card Bard! Love your take on this sketch. Love the new look to the blog too!!

Linda Beeson said...

Wonderful card and boy were you fast using that CPS sketch!

Eveline said...

Gorgeous colors. Beautiful card.
Eveline.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Really fun curved lines. Wonderful job on the CPS sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.