Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brrrrr - cold too early


Good evening. The weather in Wisconsin has been so strange - very cool summer - and now fall is cold - we are in the 30's - I already had to turn on my furnace and normally I can hold out until November - maybe I am just turning into a woose. The leaves have not even fallen off my big oak trees - the neighborhood kids are waiting for this to happen - so they can rake leaves and play in them. We have the most fun and they look forward to it every year - don't tell anyone - so do I. Makes raking the leaves fun.
I found a little time to create last night - of course - I was trying to watch Dancing With the Stars - hmmmm - I wonder who will go home tonight.
This card is based on the sketch at Taylored Expressions - the sketch challenge which is posted every Friday. This week from the posts they are going to pick three new designers - everyone is bringing out their best creativity. Make sure you stop over and check everyone's creations. I agonized over the placement of the three items next to the rectangle. I think I had every snowflake I own and a few other 100 things out trying to find the best thing to place there. I finally ended up these 3 snowflakes. Still don't know if it was what I wanted - but at some point - you have to put it down and walk away. Taking pictures of my creations is becoming a challenge - getting dark, cloudy etc lately. I need to get something set up at work (shhhhh don't tell anyone).
Paper - Kaiser Scrapbooking
Stamp - Whipper Snapper Designs colored by Copics
Scallop - recycled white chipboard cut with the QuicKutz Scallop border (adhered paper strip to the back of the chipboard border and then rubbed Stickles over all the paper) Love the little glitter.
Pom Pom trim - May Arts
Stickles was added to the middle of the snowflakes on the pink patterned paper
Snowflakes - Darice

No comments: