Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday - 3/25/10


Do you realize Christmas is 9 months from today? OK - now that we are in a panic mode - no holiday cards made yet - let's sit back and enjoy Easter and spring. It is very chilly here but the weather man is dangling a carrot saying it is suppose to be 70 degrees at the end of next week - I hope so - I would so love to be home and to be able to open my house up some.
I am taking Friday off so I have a 3 day week end - going to an adult PJ party on Saturday where my friend Shari is the guest of honor - it will be great fun. Watch movies, talk, giggle, maybe drink a little, eat too much. I am going to make stuffed shells - no recipe - going to wing it. I know what I want to use - and I bought it - but chicken and broccoli, alfredo sauce and lots of cheese. Cheese makes everything taste good. I hope. I will let you know.
Last night I decided to channel vintage into my card. I have this beautiful vintage paper by Karen Foster so I knew I wanted to use lace on it. The sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You - made into a 5 x 7 card - highlighted some of the beautiful bunny paper. Caardvarks also has the challenge to use lace on a stamped card. If you look carefully - the sentiment is stamped in the corner of the card - the sentiment is from Stampendous. I had bought the cream buttons last night on clearance at Hobby Lobby - and they worked perfectly on the card.
Well everyone have a wonderful evening. I am a little tired tonight - don't know if I will create much - I do need to make some recipe cards for the PJ party of Shari's favorite recipe. Peanut butter balls. Yummy - I will share the recipe and recipe card later.
Card - 5 x 7
Card base: Bo Bunny
Patterned Paper: Karen Foster
Lace and pink button from my supplies
Cream Buttons: Dress It Up
Ribbon and twine: May Arts
Sentiment Stamp: Stampendous
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink - Chestnut Roan

6 comments:

Alice said...

this is so pretty! lovely card!

Laura Davis said...

Very cute!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Kathy Martin said...

What a pretty card! Love the lace and ribbon! :)

Ivanka said...

I love your vintage card Barb! It's just beautful!

shelly said...

a very beautiful card!

Amy C said...

What a sweet, pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks!!