Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday May 1, 2010

Prize Package for Oldie Moldie Monday Challenge May 3

Sketch Challenge 2 Sketches 4 You



And you say - what is this about a PRIZE PACKAGE. Come back on Monday and play along with Ivanka and I on “Oldie Moldie Monday – the day of the week when you dig out that once loved paper that has gotten buried by new loves – dig it out and create a card or cards from it. Ivanka and I are offering up prizes (yes we each have a prize) – but of course they is a little bit more to the challenge. Come back on Monday and play with us.
My prize includes a pad of Basic Grey paper and 3 different sticker collections from SRM Stickers. Intrigued - I hope so - and you don't need a blog to play - we have a Flicker gallery where you can post your creations.
Now onto the card for today - it is based on the weekly sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. A fun sketch - I have been wanting to make a baby card for a co worker who just became a grandparent - this card is for her and her husband. I still need to make a card for the parents. I love to use non traditional items on my cards. The main focus is the iron on applique giraffe - he has so much character - plus he was on sale.
The card also satisfies the midweek challenge on the Operation Write Home Card Blog - "wild thing" - I think my giraffe qualifies.
This card also qualifies for Circles 3 Different Ways on 365 Cards - circles on the giraffe, buttons, polka dots on the paper and the also the O's in my sentiments.
Beautiful weather here - so have been trying to work outside and inside and play with a little paper. The lawn is mostly mowed - at least what the public sees so the neighborhood doesn't look bad. Everyone enjoy your evening.
Size: 5 x 7
Patterned Paper - Hot Off the Press (this qualify as Oldie Moldie)
Giraffe - Duncan Enterprises
Ribbon - May Art
Sticker - SRM Stickers
Buttons - American Crafts
DMC Embroidery Floss

7 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

What an adorable card!!!!!

Linda

papertrails leaver said...

this is just too cute! Love that giraffe!

cnelson said...

this could not be more darling! love, love, LOVE it!

Unknown said...

I Love that giraffe! Om-goodness to cute for words
thanks for joining us at 2S4Y
:) Kazan

Tammy said...

This is adorable Barb!! I love your applique giraffe and the colors are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along this week at OWH S&S!!

Martha said...

Your giraffe card totally rocks Barb! Definitely a scrapbook saver ;-)

Operation Write Home said...

Soooooo cute!!