Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday May 2, 2010

Prize Package for Oldie Moldie Monday Challenge May 3



SRM Sticker Blog Sketch Challenge


And you say - what is this about a PRIZE PACKAGE. Come back on Monday and play along with Ivanka and I on “Oldie Moldie Monday – the day of the week when you dig out that once loved paper that has gotten buried by new loves – dig it out and create a card or cards from it. Ivanka and I are offering up prizes (yes we each have a prize) – but of course they is a little bit more to the challenge. Come back on Monday and play with us.My prize includes a pad of Basic Grey paper and 3 different sticker collections from SRM Stickers. Intrigued - I hope so - and you don't need a blog to play - we have a Flicker gallery where you can post your creations.
Now onto the card for today. I needed to get some baby cards made for a coworker's daughter - today's creation is for the proud parents, yesterday's card was for the proud grandparents (I bought them some toys to have at their house). SRM Stickers blog is having a sketch challenge this week end so I used the sketch to jumpstart my card. I knew I wanted to use some of their great baby stickers on my card (I used one yesterday on the grandparent's card). I used the same paper on both cards. I thought the addition of the gingham was great for the baby vintage look. A little boy - I am sure he will be a little monkey sometimes. Of course, Operation Write Home's card blog's mid week challenge is "wild thing" - I do believe Mr. Monkey qualifies.
Well I must go and get some work done - going to spend the evening with Shari.
Make sure you come back tomorrow to play with Ivanka and I.
Card Details
Size: 4.5 x 6
Patterned Paper: Hot Off the Press
Stamp: Hero Arts colored with Copics
Sticker: SRM Stickers
Papertrey Ink scalloped border diecut
Brads from the supplies
Trim - tea dyed muslin strips

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Another adorable card Barb!! I love that little monkey! Wonderful ribbon treatment too!

Ivanka said...

Love your monkey card Barb! It's so cute. Hope you have a good evening with Shari.