Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Card One

Card 2

Card 3


Good Wednesday morning – waiting for the repair person to come for the furnace/AC unit. It is time for it’s yearly check up – plus it has a little problem. I think we have hot muggy weather coming in for the end of the week so want the AC to be working. Of course, I hide in my basement lots of the time to play with paper so that offers some relief from the hot/muggy conditions. I always want to try and do something creative every day – well tonight – I think it may be laundry – work has been exhausting me this last month – but July is coming – I have a few quiet days for the year in July. Try to work some short weeks in July, etc. I just need to make it to July.

Today I am showcasing cards that I made for the midweek throwdow on the Operation Write Home card blog Stars and Stripes. The challenge is to use bling – I dug through my bling – of course – had to buy more bling (thus blog candy). I have made 3 cards for today’s post.

Glitter is a no no for OWH cards but bling bling isn’t. There is lots of bling in the stores also. Michael’s even has some in their $1 bins sometimes. The flourishes can be expensive but in cardmaking you can make a flourish decorate several cards.

I do have a small package of bling for blog candy – all you need to do is leave a comment on this post. Next Tuesday evening I will draw a winner's name. I hope you enjoy my cards with bling and look forward to seeing all of yours.

Here are the details for each card.

Card one – for a wedding this summer
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey – Cappella collection
Bling flower: Kaiser Scrapbooking
Bling scallop: found at Walmart
Stamp: Hampton Art Stamps colored with Copics
Rub On: Unknown
Ribbon: Michael’s (little metallic bling on the edge of ribbon)
Spellbinders

Card two - love the monochromatic colors
Paper: Bazzill Bling
Bling: Basic Grey
Sentiment: SRM Stickers
Spellbinders
Oval Punch: Punch Bunch


Card three – bright and cheery (A lift of a card sent to me by my friend Ivanka – thanks for the inspiration)
Paper: Bazzill Bling
Bling: Me and My Big Ideas
Sentiment: SRM Stickers
Flower Sticker: Penny Black
Ribbon: May Arts
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Oval Punch: Punch Bunch
Stickles added to flower (Stickles are a safe glittery accent)

15 comments:

emarci said...

Your work is absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing. :)

creations by jackie said...

I love your bling, and of course your cards are gorgeous. Can't wait to play myself. It is hot/muggy here in Indiana too AC is a must, so I understand wanting yours checked out.

Dee N said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Pat said...

Congratulations on being featured on the military card site! Your cards are beautiful!

Christine said...

Beautiful!Thank you for sharing!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous cards! I love all the different styles and the bling!

Conniecrafter said...

they are so pretty Barb, great job showing off the bling :)

Martha said...

Barb your bling samples are outstanding! Makes me want to get mine out and play.

I especially love the Make a Wish card with the minimalist coloring of the blossoms. Gorgeous!

jengd said...

I like them all but that blue one is fantastic! I'd never think/try to use that much bling on one card but it looks great!

RobinH said...

wonderful cards
I like them all but especially the bottom one! lovely

Jackie said...

you have very beautiful cards, and u gotta love the bling.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! You make such beautiful cards! I especially love the blue one.

http://jeannescrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These are great. Card three is my fave. Love the oranges.

Anonymous said...

I am partial to the first card, because I am patterned paper challenged. LOL! I love your cards. ~ robinski6 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Love the cards! Thanks for your work for OWH!!