Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good Thursday evening - hope your day was good. Mine went very fast at work today - playing catch up from vacation is hard. Sometimes you wonder why you go on vacation.

Last night I did get a chance to play with some paper. I so wanted to sew on this card but my sewing machine has an issue - it is a computerized machine - so I am afraid to even think of what it might cost - I guess I will call the vendor with the message and see if they can tell me anything - it may be cheaper to just buy an inexpensive machine for my card making and keep it in the basement where I make my cards. I actually ended up doing hand sewing on this card. I wanted the lace on both sides and so had to baste it onto my strip of tea dyed muslin.

To make my tea dyed muslin, I just tear narrow strips of unbleached muslin, brew up some tea - two tea bags to about a cup of water, let it steep for awhile, and then just place my strips in the tea. I let them sit in the tea for awhile and then I will rinse them, wring them out and let them dry. They end up with such a nice color and I love the look on cards. I also tea dyed my lace.

This card was going to be a baby boy card but as it evolved and I kept adding things - it is now a baby girl card - luckily I know a couple baby girls who are going to be born this year. But - I still need that baby boy card. Maybe I will go for a clean and simple style for that one.

This card is based off the sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. A fun sketch which is really not that difficult to create with - I like sketches like that. It also satisfies the challenge on Moxie Fab for Shabby/Vintage. Paper Crafts is introducing their new publication "Card Style" - I can't wait to see that issue.

Everyone have a wonderful evening. I hope to make another card - maybe that little boy card.

Card Details:
Size - 5 x 7
All paper - Hobby Lobby (love that half price sale new mo jo)
Buttons from my supplies
Lace and muslin from by supplies - tea dyed
Sticker - SRM Stickers
Scallop Border - Papertrey Ink

3 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This card is adorable!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

cnelson said...

Perfectly darling! LOOOOVE this sosososoooooo much!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)