Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday, August 22, 2010


Good Sunday morning - I must go to the grocery store today so I have food for the week - but I need detergent so I can do laundry. My fellow co workers do appreciate it if I do laundry every week.
Yesterday I took the entire day off from work around the house and just played. I had great fun. I played with paper, paint, ink, finally broke out my Tattered Angel mists and an old dictionary. I took this picture at the end of yesterday - not the best and I should have taken a close up of the flowers. To make the flowers I tore pages out of an old dictionary and got out my acrylic paint - I brushed pink, yellow and green on different pages. After it was dried I used my Spellbinder circles to cut out multiples of 4 or 5 different sizes. Thre is approximately 2 to 3 layers of each size circle in the flower. I punched a hole in the center and held the flower together with a very small brad. I then crushed up each layer separately to give it lots of texture. After that I sprayed the flower with Marshmallow mist - added some beautiful shine to the flower. I added a pearl to the center of the flower which fit perfectly on top of the brad. I anchored the flowers to the card with red tape - it holds everything. The inspiration for the color of the flowers and the use of the dictionary pages was the paper - I bought one piece - it was double sided - I have a kit made for my friend so she can make a similar card.
The card was based on the sketch at the SRM Stickers blog - a fun sketch - and it would work with a rectangle or square card. I have a friend who is retiring in a few weeks and she is very excited - she has found a part time job where she only works 2 days a week - oh some day - maybe I can retire. Right now it is a dream but I can be happy for my friends who are lucky enough to be able to do this.
Well everyone have a wonderful day - off to the grocery store I go.
Card details:
Paper: OK - I cut off that strip and put it in a safe place - I will post once I find it.
Paint: Folk Art Acrylic Paint
Glimmer Mist
Spellbinders
Pearls from dollar store in Canada (thank you Ivanka)
Trim: from my supplies
Sticker: SRM Stickers

2 comments:

Ivanka said...

Simply Gorgeous Barb! I love what you did on your play day with dictionary pages and paint! The result is beautiful. I will have to try that soon!

Linda Beeson said...

What a fun card, those flowers are a neat accent.