Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday , August 5, 2010


Good Thursday morning - I thought I would do a quick post before I head out the door to work. I wanted to share a Christmas card I made - I think the secret of making cards that go fairly quickly is to not have to color them that is why you will see that I make many cards where the image just needs to be s tamped and nothing done to the image. When I color an image it seems I always have to color several images before I find one I like or don't goof up.
This image is from a local stamp company - Crackerbox Palace - located in Janesville. The image is so vintage and that is what I tried to achieve in this card. The rustic colors, brown ink, twine and buttons plus all that fun distressing.
The challenge at Our Creative Corner this week is Christmas in July - so I do believe my card qualifies.
Well I must go and get ready for work. Everyone have a wonderful day and I hope you get to do something creative.
Card Details
Size: 5 x 5
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Cardstock: The Paper Studio
Inks: Colorbox Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
Stamps: Crackerbox Palace
Button: Blumenthal Lansing Company
Twine: May Arts
Punches: Stampin’ Up! and Punch Bunch
Die Cuts: Spellbinders

1 comment:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You definitely achieved a wonderful vintage feel with this card. Great image and sentiment and you used one of my fav Cosmo Cricket DPs! Wonderful job on the Christmas card challenge. So happy you could join in the fun this week at Our Creative Corner.