Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday, November 6, 2010



Good Saturday - of course it is good - it is Saturday. I was at a conference for three days so it felt good to get back and play with some paper. Maybe the break was good. But so far today, I have gotten two more Holiday cards made and one Thanksgiving card. Yeah. I still have to go over and finish the inside but will do that and slide them into an envelope - I don't know yet who will get this card. Have to ponder that.

The Penny Black Blog is having a sketch challenge. Since I like sketches and also love Penny Black stamps and stickers, I thought I should participate. I saw this penguin stamp (I have a thing for penguins this year) on the SRM Sticker Blog and looked near and far and finally found it. I am having problems finding an ink that does not bubble on the acrylic but I can also color with Copics. I used Momento on this one - was at the scrapbook store and they suggested TPC Studio ink - have to try that - you do have to heat set it - but I do like to use the acrylic stamps.

I broke into some new Christmas paper. Love the somewhat nontraditional colors of the paper. The snowflakes are foam - bought in a package at Michael's - super inexpensive - I just added some Stickles to dress them up. Do you think I need some bling in the middle of each snowflake. I can't decide. I love the ease of adding an SRM sticker to the bottom of the card for my sentiment.

I am stewing chicken so we have homemade broth for Thanksgiving dinner. My mother makes homemade noodles - and of course - you need homemade broth for this. It amounts to a two day process by the time you stew the chicken and then let it sit overnight so you can remove the fat. It will be good to have it out of the way. My mom is 92 years old and can also make a wonderful apple pie. She said she can only make two in one day - she used to be able to make four in one day. She is amazing.

Everyone enjoy your day - I suppose I should try to accomplish something other than cardmaking but this is so much fun. Everyone enjoy your evening.

Card Details:
Size: 5 x 7
Patterned Paper: Echo Park Paper Company
Stamp: Penny Black colored with Copics
Sticker: SRM Stickers
Ribbon: Offray
Snowflakes: Michael’s
Stickles

No comments: