Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saturday, January 1, 2011



Happy New Year - 2011 - I hope the new year is full of happiness and health - if we have those we can live our life to the fullest.

I am enjoying a quiet week end at home - I have my daughter's dog as company - they are traveling - Mo is lots of company but she is a Husky so she is very hairy and we vacuum lots.

I did do some retail therapy yesterday. I had said I would not shop in January unless it was a necessity - I suppose I could make anything a necessity so I could buy it - but I just want to try to get through the month and not buy more paper stuff. I really do not need anything - I could create for years and years. Do you also have that problem or addiction?

I needed a baby card for a little girl and wanted to use this beautiful buggy image from I Brake For Digis. It is so beautiful in its lines. It could be colored but I liked just the beauty of the image on the patterned paper.

The design for the card started with Sketch #7 from Unscripted Sketches. It follows the sketch until we get to the sentiment - I didn't really have room for it alongside the buggy os I added it to the bottom of the card. I think I achieved balance with the image, bow and sentiment. Do you know what you do if your lace is white and you want it cream colored - you dip it in your leftover morning coffee- it is no longer white. The doily was also very white - but it took a coffee bath also - and came out a very nice creamy color to add to my vintage look. The flower is made from coffee filters cut with spellbinders - and guess what - they were dipped in coffee also to make them creamy colored. Now I want another cup of coffee.

Going to watch the Rose Bowl - the Wisconsin Badgers are playing - go Bucky. Everyone enjoy your day and have a wonderful 2011.

Card Details:
Size: 5 x 7
Digital Image: I Brake For Digis
Paper: Paper Studio
Brad: American Crafts
Sentiment: SRM Stickers
Lace and ribbon: from my supplies
Scallop Diecut: Papertrey Ink

7 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Ohhhh so luscious! What a "girly" baby card, dreamy. Great use of an Unscripted sketch too.

StephC said...

Beautiful baby card! Love your take on the sketch. So glad you joined US for the challenge this week. :)

Unknown said...

beautiful card! What a great keepsake for that baby

dstandard said...

What a wonderful girly card! Love this! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Becky Garrison said...

Oh, that card is so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

Chrissy D said...

Very pretty, Barbara. This serves as a great reminder to me that I can print these digis up on colored cardstock and not just white. Thanks for the inspiration!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so sweet..perfect for a baby event creation.