Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Monochromatic






The midweek challenge on Operation Write Home is monochromatic. I think this is one of the hardest cards to make - trying to stay within one color palette on your creation. It can be done and I have made three examples to show how different monochromatic cards can look.

The lavendar card is dry embossed with an embossing folder using a white core Coordinations paper. The sentiment was stamped in purple ink and a piece of patterned paper added a touch of color. It was all mounted on a piece of lavendar cardstock.

The green card is made with patterned paper by Kaiser Scrapbooking. It always helps if you work with coordinating paper when you want to do monochromatic cards - the shades of colors usually coordinate. The sentiment was stamped in a green ink on the coordinating paper. A green ribbon was tied on the card to add a little decoration.

The blue card is done with stamping. This is a stamp set from TPC Studio. I stamped on cardstock that was the same as my cardbase so it matches perfectly. It was matted with a solide navy cardstock and used the solid navy cardstock to separate the image and sentiment.

I hope you enjoy my examples of monochromatic cards. The reverse side of the green paper is orange. How fun will that be.

4 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

All three of these cards are very nice. I like all of the colors you used and your layouts are all so very creative. Thank You for sharing.

Jen M said...

Gorgeous, Barb! The green one is my favorite.

airbornewife said...

really great cards. I had my eye on the set you used on your blue card, but didn't buy it.. I should've! thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Yvonne said...

Barb, I really like what you did with the monochromatic theme. I admired these on OWH--really nice!