Saturday, July 2, 2011

I love long week ends


Good evening - I was up visiting my Mom - she does amazingly well for being 92 years old.  I did some errands for her and some cooking - of course - now I am home and too tired to do too much here.  She has groceries but I don't - tomorrow.  I did manage some paper therapy on the way through Madison.  Of course, I needed all of it - OK - probably not.

We have an Operation Write Home card making party coming up in July - and I am busy making kits for it - most kits will be six cards.  Try to use up some of my extra paper.  It is amazing how many cards you can make with a 12 x 12 sheet of paper.  I have had the plaid on this card for years, the stamp also, and the brads.  The kraft paper and black paper are basics in your card supplies.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder to add some depth to the kraft paper.

This card is based on the challenge at Cas-ual Fridays - Clean and Simple challenge blog on Fridays - this challenge was to make a masculine card using kraft paper.  I think this is pretty clean and simple.  Thanks for the inspiration to help me get another kit designed - now I need to go cut the pieces.

4 comments:

Luci said...

This card looks so classy! God Bless you and your mom - 92 years - that's great. It's not easy when they get older - so nice that you take good care of her.

Laura Davis said...

Super cool card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

What a cool image - really love the abstract vision that this image creates! That plaid is delicious, too! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

JJ Bolton said...

Perfect classic card! Don't you love using up supplies you've been holding onto?