Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hero Arts - so much fun


Hobby Lobby had a sale last week on all their stamps and stamp sets so of couse, I had to purchase a couple stamps.  I have been eyeing up this set from Hero Arts.  In the last Stamping issue from Paper Crafts - they used this stamp set in one of their pages where 3 or 4 designers had the same set and each made a card - great fun to see how everyone uses a certain set.

My inspiration today came from the sketch on Operation Write Home's card blog - Stars and Stamps.  I had fussy cut some of these chairs over the week end so it was an easy card to put together especially with such a great sketch.

This week end I attended an "in between" class reunion - several in the class decided we needed to get together the year we all turn 60.  It was a nice turn out - and fun to visit with everyone that came.  One of my best friends drove to my house from her home in the Chicago area and rode up with me.  We had nice long visits on the way too and from my house.  It made the 2 hour trip fly by.

Well I need to go and get some more work done - I need to figure out what I am doing for Oldie Moldie Monday - I do have several papers waiting to be chosen - oh - which one will get chosen - stop back tomorrow to see who the lucky paper is. 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this chair and sentiment!

Sue said...

Ditto what Yolanda said. Very cute!

Donna Hanley said...

This card is terrific. I also love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing

Carol L said...

great card and I love that DP!! NJ~

Julie said...

Great card, Barb! That HA set is on my wishlist, too. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Paula S. said...

Great image and sentiment combo and the plaid is a perfect choice. Nice job with this week's sketch!

Conniecrafter said...

neat paper piecing, love this sentiment with the image