Monday, August 15, 2011

Oldie Moldie Monday

 



Oldie Moldie Monday - time to show some love to some old paper.  This is a very old grouping from We R Memory Keepers.  I like some of the colors - they are a little dingy maybe - but I think I have managed to make a couple good cards using the grouping. 

The first card is based on the sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping - I turned the sketch on its side and used a Hero Arts Sentiment stamp to add my stamping.  The sentiment is pop dotted.

The second card actually started out as the sketch from Clean and Simple Stamping but I did not like it so it transformed itself into this card.  I used some American Crafts Zing embossing powder on a Stampendous flower stamp.  The sentiment is from the inexpensive stamps Michael's carries.  Did you see my piercing on the side of the strip - easy to do - unthread the sewing maching and just stitch down the side - the needle does all the work for you.  I added some Offray ribbon to complete the card.  The image was pop dotted.

Both cards are for Operation Write Home.  Come back later in the week to see another card made out of this grouping.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Beautiful card. love the color combination you used. so pretty!
discount card printing

Virginia L. said...

Love your take on the first card for sketch! The scored lines are so perfect with this sentiment!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!