Wednesday, October 19, 2011

K 'n K Designs Fundraiser for Operation Write Home


K 'n K Designs has a wonderful fundraiser going on for Operation Write Home - they are donating the sales of some special images to help cover the cost of postage for Operation Write Home during the holiday mailing season. 

This cute image - For Owl You Do - makes a great card - it comes with four different sentiments.  I chose to use the "thanks for owl you do - sentiment because today on Operation Write Home the midweek challenge is - thank you cards. 

I did a very CAS (clean and simple) design for my card.  I used a combination of Copics and colored pencils to color the image.  I can not color reds with my Copics. 

Please pop over to K 'n K Designs and purchase some of those cute images and make some cards. 

15 comments:

Laurel Weeks said...

Very cute! Love the color combo and placement of stars. (I have trouble wth red Copics too and sometimes use colored pencils instead,especially in small spaces.}

Desert Rose Stamper said...

I too like your color combination -- I like how you left the flag colors bright -- very nice job coloring. I have K'n K Designs digital -- today is a perfect day to use them. Thanks for your inspiration.

Bunnyfreak said...

great coloring. Love the star embossing.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

How fun, love your K 'n K Designs Owl thank you! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home :)

airbornewife said...

awesome card Barb... love that embossing on it. Thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Donna Hanley said...

Barb, great card and I love that image. I'm going to try to use that one tomorrow, but I don't think I will get it to come out as good as yours. Great job.

Carol L said...

You made a great card with this image, and if you feel you can't color with red copics, perhaps you should try a new combination of reds? I think this looks fine, and I especially love the embossed star background!

Jen M said...

Very cute - I like how you used the star embossing and also the blue star on the sentiment piece!

Ronni Unger said...

Great job - and so patriotic - thanks for sharing your skills with us!

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love the image and texture.

K. Joy said...

This is so cute!!! :) I love all of the stars!! Great card, thanks for sharing!!

Katlyn
K 'n K Designs

Linda said...

Love all the stars in the embossing and enbellishments. TFS!!!

Sherry Hickey said...

Great card, Barb! I love how the colors pop against the whited embossed bg. Like how you inked the embossing; and like those polka dot stars!

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

I love all the stars. You did a great job. I like the inking.

Julie said...

So cute, Barb! Love the stars you added.