Monday, October 10, 2011

Oldie Moldie Monday


Oldie Moldie Monday - time to show some love to some old paper and supplies.  The old part of this card is the patterned paper.  It is Basic Grey - a collection I found at Michael's many years ago.  Still working on making cards out of it.  Sunday's card was made with the same paper grouping.  These cards are for Operation Write Home - I have made 6 of this card.

The stamp is an Inkadinkado - many times you can find them for $1 but I htink I paid $1.99 or $2.49 for  it.  I thought it was a great card for Operation Write Home cards - the sentiment is part of the stamp design - makes it easy to create a card.  I colored the image with Copics and then used a Glaze Pen to add a little depth to the smoke and little dots in the image.  This card fits in with the midweek challenge on Stars and Stamps for Christmas Cards.  The deadline for Christmas cards is October 31.  I am going to wind up my holiday cards this week because I need to ge caught up on my personal cards.  I promised my daughter a couple sets of cards for a silent auction.

Everyone have a wonderful day - dig out some of that old paper and show it some love.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Love this image! Great card tied up with a pretty bow!

Kathryn said...

Very nice, Barb. I love how you tied that pretty twine over the striped paper. I haven't seen that stamp before and I usually scour the $1 bins. Great find!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Great card and a nice job using up your patterned papers! Nice job finding the deal on your stamps too. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!