Sunday, January 22, 2012

Big Bunny Hugs


Today's card is inspired by the weekly sketch at Operation Write Home's card blog - Stars and Stamps.  I had colored a couple bunnies yesterday so I already had a cute image to use on a card - my card may not fit the exact dimensions of the sketch but somewhat follows the sketch.  The sentiment does not make it only for Easter.  Isn't that the cutest bunny - I do believe I got my $1's worth out of this stamp from Michael's.  The sentiment is a favorite for OWH cards - it is from Hero Arts. 

Of course, I did my cheater stripe - I just added another piece of paper down the middle rather than trying to line up 3 small strips of paper.  Everything was matted with a rose pink cardstock to make it pop a little more.

Now to accomplish my week end chores and get some more cards made.  I believe I have made 9 for Operation Write Home this week end - stop by tomorrow - Oldie Moldie Monday to see more of them.

17 comments:

Yvonne B. said...

Barb, that IS a very cute bunny! I like your colors and the way you did your stripes! And you always tie perfect bows! Very nice and GREAT JOB on making a load of OWH cards this weekend! Hurray!

Donna Hanley said...

Barb, this card is so very cute. Yes you did get your money's worth. Don't you just love it when you walk into Michaels and there are stamps there that you can grab and then they end up being a real "go to" stamp for you? Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

debb said...

Love your card! Cute bunny stamp! I love $1 stamps!

Carol L said...

Your "cheater stripe" looks so cool that I might need to try that myself! Nothing is cheating here anyway - it's all good! Your card is really cute!!

Kathryn said...

What an endearing bunny! I have a few dollar stamps that are my absolute favorites. Sometimes those bins have great finds. I don't think your stripe is cheating at all- it's layering for more dimension!

StampTramps said...

The first thing that stood out to me was the beautiful papers you chose and how well they work together and next was your awesome coloring job on the stamp!

Jen M said...

This is so sweet and love the bright colors! I do cheater stripes, too. Hehe!

Ivanka said...

This is so adorable!!

Dixie Cochran said...

Looks like spring to me! Love the bunny and the pretty papers!

Jennifer said...

Makes me want to break out the spring colors!!!
Lovely card.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This card is so cute and that bunny is rocking, Pretty

Linda said...

A-dor-a-ble! I need to cheat like that sometime. TFS!!!

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable. I love that little bunny :)

Julie said...

Adorable card, Barb! Love that bunny! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Sherry Hickey said...

So cute and springy, Barb!!

Cynthia T said...

What a perfectly darling bunny! And the color combination is beautiful ;)

Missy said...

What a cherry and bright card. Someone will really love getting this card.