Sunday, April 1, 2012

Eat Cake Graphics Easter cards and Brads



No joke - two posts in one day - I was waiting for the sun to come out so I could take pictures outside. 

Today our challenge was to make a card with an Eat Cake Graphics rubber stamp and to use a brad on your card.  I actually have two cards to share - I don't think I have posted the bottom card yet. 

The first card uses 5036-K Mr. Bun in his speedy basket.  I thought the pole added the best place to add the sentiment I wanted to use on the card.  It looks like it is a flag flying behind his speedy basket.  I cut the sentiment out and colored it with Copics to match the colors of the paper.  The little spots of exhaust are actually little dots of paper colored with Copics to matchthe flag and then I added some Stickles on top.  Do you know why I added those little dots - somehow I got some spots on my image and did not want to stamp and color another image.  I like how it turned out.  Brads were placed in the other three corners.

The second card uses 5050-F Flopsy bunny's got an egg.  I paper pieced the egg Flopsy was holding to match the paper used on the card.  Wasn't that a perfect piece of paper to use on an Easter card.  I love the corduroy brad which picks up the blue in the patterned paper.

There is a challenge on Catered Crops to use BRADS.  Pop over there and play.

I hope the remainder of your day is good.  Off to make a couple more Easter cards.

3 comments:

Ivanka said...

Love them both! Those images are adorable!

Ivanka said...

Oh and I meant to say that I never got any Easter cards made this year. Good for you for getting some done!

Annie said...

Really really cute.

Annie