Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hero Arts, Creative Corner, Tim Holtz Technique



Yee gads - photo editing gone wrong - must work on my skills - the card is really more the colors of the 2nd picture.

On Creative Corner this week - the challenge - is to use your favorite Tim Holtz technique - well how can you pick a favorite - but I chose to use this one - I wanted a soft colored card to send to a friend's Mom who just had surgery.  I used the paint resist technique.  I painted (inked) up my background stamp (Hero Arts) with Adirondack paint dabber (pearl metallic) and stamped on white paper.  Let dry.  I then rubbed Distress Ink (broken china) over the card.  I also just stamped the butterfly on a separate piece of paper and colored with distress ink.  I cut out the butterfly.

A little matting, the addition of a wonderful SRM Sticker and some colored tape (wonderfully given to me by a friend) and a little bling complete the card.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

3 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Barb
You have used the paint resist technique wonderfully on your butterfly, and the card has clean lines with a lovely colour palette.
Thank you so very much for joining us this week at OCC we are so pleased to see your work.
Smiles:)
Sue

Unknown said...

Beautiful and very CAS!! I love it. I saw you were featured on SRM's facebook page too. Congrats!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love the way the pearl metallic paint dabber works as a resist. You definitely achieved the soft look here - the shade of blue is lovely and your ribbon and sentiment are perfect! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.