Friday, July 27, 2012

Stampendous and Sympathy Card


OK - I promise this will be my last card I enter in the July challenge at Stampendous - to use citrus colors - yellow, orange, lime.  

The card is made out of watercolor paper.  I cut the paper with a Spellbinder die and used the negative to make the green focal point.  I inked the area with a lime green chalk ink - actually a $1 ink I bought at Michael's.   I then stamped the flower and used Prismacolor Pencils to color the flower.  An SRM Sticker completes the card.  I added a band of orange ribbon at the bottom with a big bow.  The center portion is pop dotted.

It is bright for a sympathy card but I think it turned out beautiful - it was a technique that I have been wanting to try.  What are your thoughts on the color for a sympathy card?

1 comment:

StampendousGraphics said...

Perfect colors for our Citrus Challenge! Thanks so much for always taking the time to play along!