Monday, September 17, 2012

Oldie Moldie Monday


Welcome once again to Oldie Moldie Monday - the day to show some love to your old supplies.  The paper used on all my cards today is a Christmas collection from Pink Paislee.

Guess what - Oldie Moldie Monday - meets - Shopping Your Stash where their challenge is 3, 2, 1.  I think Oldie Moldie Monday and Shopping Your Stash is a good relationship we must build upon.  On my card I used 3 patterned papers (stripe, dots and green), 2 circles and 1 sentiment.

The card is based on a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches where they are celebrating their first anniversary.  For the anniversary you can use any of the sketches from the year.  I chose Sketch 42 for my card.  I just flipped it on its side.  This card will go in in next box for Operation Write Home

This week end the Penny Black blog had a challenge to make tags.  I made several tags over the week end using the Pink Paislee paper.  Both sentiment stamps are from Penny Black.  I did lots of fussy cutting on the santa tag - the tags became cards for my personal cards for 2012.  The cards are too bulky for Operation Write Home.  The tags were cut with my Silhouette.  The Penny Black blog challenges the last two week ends have helped me get some more cards made.  I used some of my favorite trim on the cards.  Torn pieces of muslin which were tea or coffee stained.


Everyone enjoy your Monday - remember to show some love for your old supplies - they are still beautiful and they just need your creativity to bring them to life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great bunch of tags and cards. I love the simplicity of the first card. I need to shop my stash--or give more of it away.

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Barb! Great Christmas card! Love the papers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!