Sunday, September 2, 2012

Operation Write Home, Virtual Card Party, Sketch

OK - here I am for the Sunday morning sketch challenge on Operation Write Home - it is also combined with the virtual card party which Linda is sponsoring - you are to use your punches - unfortunately my circle punch this size is broken - so I used my Spellbinders.  I tried to use my bird punch - but didn't like the birds.  The birds are from dimensional stickers from Michael's.   And to top it off - it just kinda (emphasis on kinda) resembles the sketch.

So if I could write Dr. Seuss I would - I tried the sketch, I could not do - I tried the sketch, I could not do - oh woe is me - what would you do?

So I am going to post it anyway and I am going to go eat some breakfast and do some cleaning.  I like my card (kinda) - it probably could qualify for a before and after - have to think about the after.

Have a wonderful, creative day.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Barb...I just love your card! The textured paper totally rocks it out. Those birds are sweet and sentiment placement is perfect! Thanks for playing!!!

Donna Hanley said...

Barb, This card is super cute and I love that embossing folder and your matting around both pieces. The birds are sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Jen M said...

I think it's super cute with the embossing and the cute birds. Sketches are for inspiration - this is where my rule-breaker DH would say, "it's fine, it's totally fine, and why are you even worried about it?" LOL

Susan S said...

I too like the double embossing. And it does meet the sketch because there are 3 elements! Very nice job.

Julie said...

I like it, Barb! Even if it didn't come out the way you envisioned, it's still mighty cute! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Unknown said...

Cute Card!!