Saturday, October 13, 2012

CAS-ual Friday and SRM Stickers

CAS Friday's challenge this week is to use a heart on your card.  This is the second card I attempted.  I remembered I had these great red doily hearts that I bought one year on clearance after Valentine's Day - Black/White/Red - wonderful color combination.

The background is embossed with a houndstooth embossing folder.  The plaid is matted with black to set it off from the white background.  The love sticker is from SRM Stickers.  Placed it on white cardstock, cut it out and then matted it with black cardstock.  The sentiment is pop dotted.  I needed just a little more red for balance so I added this brad from Michael's store brand.  The paper is from Echo Park.

This card will go in my Operation Write Home box - our heroes always need love cards to keep in contact with their friends and family at home.  The weekly challenge is to make Love cards on Stars and Stamps - Operation Write Home's card blog.

4 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Lovely card! I really love that houndstooth border. I'm so glad you joined the fun this week at CAS-ual Fridays. Only a few more days til our big announcement!

Virginia L. said...

Saw your card over SRM Facebook! This is one fabulous design, Barb! GREAT job on the layering and use of colors! So glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Gayatri said...

Awesome big red doilie heart. Love the texture and patterns on your card. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

Mindy H. said...

I think I have some doilies like that in my box -thanks for reminding me! I love the combo of the red and the black and white paper