Saturday, January 26, 2013

Freshly Made Sketch and Play Date Cafe Unite


Feels good to make a card.  Work - this last month - has sucked the creativity out of my soul - hopefully another week it will be better.  This card actually is for two different challenges.

It is based on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.

It is also based on the color challenge at the Play Date Cafe - I think this is the first time I have ever played along.  I have a hard time with color challenges - I never know where the paper is in that color.  I must confess I went and bought the paper today for this card because I knew I wanted to use some of my favorite pattern paper - black and white houndstooth.


The sentiment is from Hero Arts and the butterfly stamp and punch are old - they are from - Paper Shapers and Purple Daisy Designs.

Everyone enjoy your evening - maybe I will use this color combo to make a few cards for my next Operation Write Home Box.

5 comments:

RobinH said...

great card Barb. I like the sketch and the colors, great choices to make a card with

Jen Brum said...

Sweet card Barb! Great colours! Love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

A beautiful card ... love these colours and love the patterns too. Not to mention that fab layered butterfly!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love that pop of green! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Lynn said...

I just love how the butterfly has so much dimension. It's perfect for your splash of color! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!