Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is It Spring Yet?


I know - it is too early - to start thinking Spring should be around the corner.  The next best thing - well kinda - but not really - is to make cards with spring like colors.  I needed a Thank You card - so I went to check out the challenges around "blog world".  CAS-ual Friday has one for Thank You cards and this card is based on the weekly sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

Since I had the butterfly punches out and those spring colors - and it is now time to work on spring cards for Operation Write Home - I made another card.  The monthly challenge on Stars and Stamps - for Our Daily Bread Designs - is to use dry embossing on your card.  Our Daily Bread Designs will pay for shipping for up to two boxes of cards to our Heroes.  This means we need to post a minimum of 50 cards for the month of January.  We are well on our way to reaching that goal.  I had to add some bling to my card - I wonder if I overdid it - maybe I should take the bling out in the loops.  I may still still do that.



Enjoy your day - still thinking about going to work - the roads did look a little icy earlier so that is why I did not race out of the house this morning to do it - I wonder if I will go.

6 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Very sweet card Barb! Love all of those butterflies! Great springy colours and embossed background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Missy said...

Barb,

I love the springy colors you used on this card. The butterflies add to the spring theme as well.

I'm ready for the snow to go as well.

Marianne

Tui Nathan said...

Beautiful card Barb! How cute are those butterflies ...
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Donna Hanley said...

It's very raw and cold here, so your spring flower/butterfly card are just what I need. Thanks for brightening my day. They are both lovely and cheery.

Linda Callahan said...

Love your bright butterflies! So pretty and springy!

Christina said...

You definitely have me thinking of spring! The soft pastels are perfect for those pretty butterflies. Great use of the sketches, too! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS-ual Fridays!