Sunday, March 17, 2013

Twinkling H2O's, Ombre Colors, and Moxie Fab


I had been attempting to make my boss a card since Thursday and nothing was coming together for me.  She was finally recognized for all her hard work and leadership so I wanted to make a card for her from her staff.  She does appreciate my cards and has several that she keeps on display in her office - which is very nice of her.

Purple is Whitewater's colors so that is why I went with the color purple and of course black is a great accent color.

Moxie Fab World has a challenge for Ombre - and you might ask what is Ombre - and this is the definition from the Moxie Fab World blog - What is ombre you might ask? Well, ombre is when color graduates from light to dark on a surface.  If you flip the panel on my card it is going from light to dark but I chose to put the dark on top.

I got out my Twinkling H2O's to make my background - my friend Ivanka - does such a wonderful job using her Twinkling H2O's.  I first tried chalk and ink.  I was going to try acrylic paints but I did not have any purple.  There sat the Twinkling H2O's and thus began my creative journey to make my background.  To get the darker colors you just add less water to your paints and paint over the top and build your colors.  The stamp is from a large acrylic set which I bought years ago but I thought this image was fun - somewhat elegant.  There are a few specks of embossing powder where they should not be (dang).  Everything was matted with black.  Some black houndstooth ribbon was added and a few black jewels.  A sentiment from SRM Stickers finishes off the card.

Well off to do a few things and then head out to see my Mom today - now ice on the roads this morning but snow in the forecast for tomorrow.  On that YUCKY note - everyone have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Ivanka said...

Gorgeous!!! Makes me want to pull my H2O's out and start painting!! Love this, the color is gorgeous.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)