Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hello, Howdy, Aloha, Ciao, Hey, Hola, Buenos Dias


I bought a new stamp - so I had to try it out - the stamp is by Stampabilities - a good  stamp for Operation Write Home cards.

This card is based on the weekly sketch from Operation Write Home's blog Stars and Stamps.

I bought some new paper yesterday (Happy Mother's Day Barb) and wanted to use some of it.  The plaid and the check that I stamped the sentiment are from My Mind's Eye - Kate and Co - Oxford Lane.  I liked the colors - a little different than what I usually buy - I also though you could make some masculine cards from the paper.  The brad is from them also.  The dark blue that I matted with are from my table and the yellow is also some my scraps.  I have lots of this yellow in my stash - I must have done a special project with it or was going to do a special project with it.

My take on the sketch is similar but not the same - my sentiment did not fit the dimension so everything else was adapted from there.  I also felt everything needed to be grounded so matted the sentiment and the yellow embossed background.

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card! I love that you stamped the sentiment on print dp, breaks up the large space without being too busy. Happy Mother's Day, enjoy!

Unknown said...

I think your card is lovely! I like the new stamp!

Donna Hanley said...

Oh I like this stamp and you really jazzed it up with your beautiful papers and embellishments. Nice job, Barb.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Simply fanastic Barb! I love that stamp and that you stamped it on light color DSP. It adds a hint of color while letting the sentiment be the star. Gorgeous blue plaid accents and embossed yellow background. Thanks for playing!

RobinH said...

that is a great stamp!
love your take on the sketch

Kristie said...

Wonderful card! I just love that new stamp of yours, definitely perfect for OWH cards. The embossed background really adds nice texture to your card.

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very cute and nice interpretation of the sketch.

Diane said...

The stamp is great- you showcased it perfectly! I love the embossed yellow- and your flower is wonderful too!

Linda said...

Super fun card...it is a perfect sentiment...WTG Barb!

Linda said...

Super fun card...it is a perfect sentiment...WTG Barb!