Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mixed Media Project



This is a mixed media project that I made as a joke for a friend.  She was babbling techy talk the other day and I called her a Geek and she said she waved her Geek flag very proudly.  So I decided to make her a Geek Flag.  It is about 12 inches at the widest point.  I cut the flag shape with my Silhouette and also the letters were cut with the Silhouette also.  Many layers of gesso and paint were added to the project.  I then used many rub ons on it.  The back even looks nice.

It is made out of two layers of canvas adhered together with Heat N Bond and then the edges are sewn together.

Hope you are enjoying my trip down the mixed media road.

4 comments:

Paula S. said...

This is pretty cool Barb and it doesn't even look like paper anymore after you've done all the layering and gesso steps. Between you and Yolanda, you may get me caught up in a Mixed Media jaunt yet! :)

Ivanka said...

This is so cool!! I bet your coworker waves it even prouder now!

Yvonne B. said...

Your geek flag is fantastic! I love the shape and the stitching! So cool! You keep going on your mixed media jaunt!!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, I bet she loved it!