Monday, July 1, 2013

Hey There


The current challenge for CAS-ual Friday is arrows - playing off the Hunger Games


I decided to get experimental for this card.  I cut the shape out of paper with a Spellbinder die.  I laid the negative over my base of mixed media paper.  The shape was filled in with a mixture of gesso, modeling paste and acrylic paint and allowed to try.  Well that took some time to happen.  This looks like a quick card to make - NOT - when you have to allow a drying time.  The arrow and sentiment strip were hand colord papers.  I believe one day I was doing a mixed media project and had paint left on my sheet - so not wanting to waste it - I smeared a piece of paper over it.  After it dried I did some spraying with masks, etc.  I came up with a great piece of paper.  The arrow is a die cut from Achievers - it does have coordinating stamps but I just wanted the arrow.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I decided I needed something extra - so got out the Studio Calico mists and did some flicking to get the spots.  After the card was finished - I decided everything needed to be grounded so outlined the blue with a black marker.  I had already run the black marker around the edge of the arrow and sentiment strip.

Oldie Moldie Monday post will be tonight.  I made a card about 3 this morning.  I had company this week end so was busy prepping for that and then enjoying my company.

3 comments:

Jingle said...

Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sylvia Blum said...

this is so cool! LOVE how you colored the huge arrow! wonderful colors!
Thanks for playing along in our "Hunger Games" challenge at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Kelly Griglione said...

So fun with the spatters on your card! Very glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!