Thursday, December 12, 2013

Joy is the Word


The monthly challenge on the Faber-Castell blog is to find one word for 2013.   This is something I have tried to live this year.  Some days it is so hard to find something to be joyful about but you dig deep and come up with something.  It can be very small but you find it.

The Joy and the scallop trim were cut with my Silhouette and colored with the Big Brush Markers over the top of gesso.  I stenciled the white dots on the canvas and the letters with the White Marker.  The piece was colored with gelatos.  I tried using them with water.  I had never done that before.  The stamping was done by coloring the stamps with Big Brush Pens.  All the paper was attached with gel medium.

I am not real happy with my creation but this is one of those weeks when it is hard to find much Joy.  The canvas has pretty colors so I will be joyful about that.

Find joy everyday.  One time I listened to a presentation and the one thing I came away with is to smile at people - because you never know - that may be the only smile that person gets that day.

No comments: