Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 6 - What is on your design table?


Another post sharing a card I made with things on my design table.  I have had quite the productive week - when you limit it yourself to choices - you can get lots done.

The flag piece is a piece of fabric that has been laying on my table for quite some time.  I made a little mini quilt many years ago using a similar image and it hangs on a wall in my dining area.

If you read my blog at all, you will know I make cards for Operation Write Home.  This card is a card I will write in and it will be sent off to a unit and given to a soldier.  They need to know that we appreciate what they do and the sacrifices they make for our country and the world.

This card is for the current challenge on the Paper Smooches Spark Challenge Blog.  The challenge is anything goes.


I used one of the sentiment stamps from a set designed as a fundraiser for Operation Write Home.  The stamped stars are from the same set - inked with several colors of Tim Holtz distress inks and then after I had the stars out I colored over the top with a Faber Castell Big Pen to give a little more red to the stars.  I also used a star embossing folder for the kraft background.  The sentiment and fabric are pop dotted for some dimension.  You can find that stamp set and many more at this link to their shop.

Everyone enjoy your day.  We had ice here so at some point I need to go out and get salt on my sidewalk.  I wanted to go to work - the drive there would probably be OK - but I doubt anyone has taken care of the sidewalks there and they were bad when we left work last night.

5 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I love your card, awesome to send to a soldier. Be careful out there on that ice, we are just getting massive amounts of rain today! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Cathy Weber said...

Wow. You are a really good designer! This card is so well done...love all the little elements you used. I don't know how I have missed this stamp set...darn, now you've cost me more money!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow. You are a really good designer! This card is so well done...love all the little elements you used. I don't know how I have missed this stamp set...darn, now you've cost me more money!

Taheerah said...

So perfect for Operation Write Home, love all those little details! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I def. need to "limit" my supplies-- maybe I will get more done! LOL!

What a fab card- I also need to make more cards for our soldiers! THANKS for inspiring me:)


THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you join in the fun this week- Picture Perfect!!! <3