Sunday, April 27, 2014

CAS and Grunge

The challenge on Addicted to CAS is Grunge.  I think that is a hard one to carry off but I am going to give it a try.


When I think of GRUNGE I think masculine.  Some of the sample cards on the Addicted to CAS site aredefinately not masculine.  Maybe I will have to try a feminine version.  I could not go single layer.  Single layer cards scare me - really scare me.



Since I think masculine, I dug out my favorite truck stamp.  It is an old stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms.  I do not believe the new owners have brought back this image.  They really should.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I distressed the edges of the image, mat and sentiment with my Tim Holtz distresser.  I did some embossing on the upper corner of my card and then I got out a mask and used some distress paint to add the green and blue color to the card front.

I hope I achieved CAS and also GRUNGE.  I am going to go make another card like this since I cut a 12 x 12 sheet of card stock and can make one more card.  Both these cards will go in my next Operation Write Home box.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

click on the picture - it looks lots better - never seen that before with a photo I posted

Ivanka said...

Great card Barb! I think it is totally grunge! I'm not sure I have any grunge in me...but I may have to give this challenge a try. I love the truck image.

Anita in France said...

Yep, definitely grunge, Barb ... such fabulous texture and colours in the background ...and a great image! Thanks so much for playing along with ATCAS! Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great masculine card! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

Deepti said...

Great card, I like the textured grunge u created :) and also the distressing of the edges. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS !