Monday, April 21, 2014

Oldie Moldie Monday

Once again it is Monday, time to show some love to your old supplies.  I wanted to make a boy card today so I found a 6 x 6 pad from Echo Park - A Boy's Life.  It has a date of 2011 on it.

The first card is for a little boy in my hometown who is battling cancer.  I am trying to send him a card every month.  My monkey stamps are guaranteed smile makers.  Thank you Stampendous for your great monkey stamps.  I used a sketch from Just Add Ink.


Here is my take on the sketch.  I did add a half circle in the upper left corner - I thought I needed a little red to balance off the card.The banner and flag were cut with my Silhouette.


Since I had another monkey stamped and colored, I wanted to make a card for my Operation Write Home Box.  I used the challenge from the Paper Players - Clean and Simple with Washi Tape.


I put my washi tape on a piece of white card stock.  I then embossed the cardstock so I know that washi tape will stay stuck on the card.  I added a Paper Smooches sentiment. I covered the sentiment mat with the red washi tape so it would match.  I know that some child will love getting this card from their parent who is serving overseas.


Remember to show some love to your old paper and supplies.  They still make great cards.

7 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Barb, this is a great, cheery card for a young boy, and you've used our sketch beautifully. I love the red semi-circle element at the top; you're right - it really balances the design. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a lovely idea to cheer this little boy up - this card is bound to have him smiling in no-time! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Anonymous said...

This is a really fun image. Both your cards are lovely and will bring a smile to who receives them. Chantell JAI

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is just the cutest card ever! It should definitely brighten up anyone's day. I love how you used the washi tape. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

How cute is that image!!!
I think it was a great idea to add the little red circle to the top of your card - balances it out nicely.

Thanks for sharing your card at Just Add Ink.

Trish
JAI Design Team

KimB said...

Those cute monkeys would cheer up anyone Barb - love the bright colours and very fun flag border. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Those cute monkeys could make anyone smile! Such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)