Friday, May 23, 2014

Paper Smooches and Operation Write Home

As Memorial Day approaches, you must think of all our heroes who have given service to their country.  Many have given the ultimate sacrifice.  I have been lucky enough to know so many people who have served our country in the military.  I work at a university and the veteran's officer is located right next to my office.  Many of the students are so young.  This is why I have been drawn to making cards for Operation Write Home.  It is my way of giving back to our heroes, their families and friends.

Today's card is for me to write a thank you note to a hero.  I had a new pad of red, white and blue paper and there was this one sheet of paper with these stars and stripes on it.  It made me think distressed and that is the direction my card went.  The sentiment and stars is from a set from Paper Smooches.  Part of the proceeds from this sale go to Operation Write Home.



The Paper Smooches Spark Challenge is Anything Goes.


Every Sunday there is a new challenge on the Paper Smooches Spark Challenge.  Dust off those Paper Smooches stamps and come play along.  I do need more stamps.  OK - more Paper Smooches stamps.


Stop over to Operation Write Home blog Stars and Stamps on Saturday.  There is a huge blog hop going on.  There are some excellent card makers who create cards for Operation Write Home.

1 comment:

Isha Gupta said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at the PS Sparks challenge.