Saturday, June 7, 2014

Graduation and Mixed Media


My granddaughter graduates from high school tomorrow so I tried making a card and nothing came together - I think it was because this canvas was in my head and heart.

I am entering it in the monthly challenge on the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft blog.  The challenge this month is to mix and match your mediums.  My interpretation is to use lots of different products and that is what happened with me in creating this project.

It is a 6 x 6 canvas.  Several layers on the canvas because I did not like the first background I made.  That is the glory of gesso, gel medium and paper.  You can start all over again and again if you have to.  I layered on patterned paper with gel medium  I then applied gesso over the top.  After the gesso dried I used my gelatos to add color (Emily's favorite colors are purple and teal).  I used a stencil and added embossing paste and from there I went with a polka dot background theme.  Unfortunately I do not know who makes the girl stamp.  Unmounted rubber.  The sentiment is by Penny Black.  I colored the image with gelatos, watercolor pencils.  The girl and sentiment were stamped on dictionary pages which had gesso on them.  I colored the paper for the sentiment before stamping.  The girl I colored after I stamped.  All this was added to the canvas with gel medium.  I used another stencil and just colored with a brush and picked up the color off the end of a gelato and applied it in the circle.  Very soft background.  I finished it off with with random rub ons and other rubber stamps.

A friend shared it on facebook and one of her friends wants me to make her one.  Gee what do you charge for something like this.

Enjoy your Saturday.

2 comments:

Mou Saha said...

Very sweet, Barb :)

Conniecrafter said...

I bet she loved it, that is cool someone wants you to make them one too, I wouldn't know what to charge either