Monday, July 21, 2014

CAS Sympathy Card

I am combining two challenges for this card.  Addicted to Stamps' weekly challenge is CAS.  CAS on Sunday is a sympathy card.

I find it very hard to make sympathy cards because when you are making the card, it is for someone you care about who has lost a loved one.  I have decided to get a few made for my personal supply or if someone asks me if I have any for sale.

A couple weeks ago I was playing with my distress inks - and making some backgrounds.  You can see a couple of the cards at this link that I made with my background play.  The cards are all very similar.  I had one more background made and it was already stamped.  This was the incentive to finish the card.  Thank you - you don't know how many cards I have sitting around waiting to be finished.


The background was made with distress inks squished on a sheet, sprayed with water and a damp piece of water color paper dipped in it.  I got a fairly even coating with it and did not do anything else to it.  The stamp is from Hero Arts.  This was the floral stamp and then a outline stamp.  I stamped it first in the turquoise ink and then the outline with black ink.  I added a few rhinestones to the center of the flowers to complete them.  I don't have many sympathy stamps so I used a sticker from SRM Stickers.  I had colored some paper to use for the sentiment.  I placed the sticker on the paper.  Cut it out freehand and to cover the edges, I ran the edge of a black copic marker around it to finish the white edges off.  The image is pop dotted on the card front.  I placed the sentiment directly on the image.  I did not want to make it too bulky for mailing.

Thanks for stopping by.  Thanks for helping me get one more unfinished card done.

4 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Barb. Gorgeous watercolored background ... love that you always used it for the sentiment oval. Perfect colors and image for a sympathy card. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

Lee-Anne said...

Beautiful soft colors, Barb! Love that background! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

Michelle said...

Blue is such a restful colour and just perfect for your sympathy flowers

Anonymous said...

Love the soft background and your freehand cutting is amazing, I honestly thought you'd used a cutting die or punch. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika