Saturday, September 13, 2014

SRM Stickers, Stencils and a Wedding Card


This wedding card started out as a get well card but it turned out the person did not need a get well card but all of a sudden I needed a wedding card.  The point of interest turned to a heart and a heart sticker and celebrate sticker were added to make it into a wedding card.

The card is based on the monthly challenge from SRM Stickers.  I chose to use the color challenge.  Grey, Black, White and Red.


I created my background on my card with embossing paste.  I used a Hero Arts stencil I had never used before.  I stenciled it on some Bo Bunny dot paper so it is very subtle.  I cut the pin stripe heart with my Silhouette.  The stickers were both matted and pop dotted on top of the background.  I added the ribbon.  The entire front is pop dotted on top of the card front.  I added some glossy accents to the heart sticker.  I thought about adding some bling or enamel dots but I stopped myself.  I didn't think it really needed anything more.

I am also entering this card in the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp challenge which is to make your own background.

Thanks for stopping by.  Going to a Bachlorette party tonight.  I think it will be lots of fun.  

6 comments:

Anita said...

This is a fabulous card, love it.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Barb, I absolutely love your background it's so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Shelly said...

So pretty! Love the 'pop' of red! Thanks for joining us at The SRM Challenge!

June Houck said...

Barb, this is beautiful! The bold white blooms on the grey is smart looking and the pop of red makes me swoon :)

I am so glad you linked up at The SRM Challenge!

~amy~ said...

This is awesome...love the pops of red!
Thanks for joining us at Jingle Belles!

Unknown said...

That stencil is so pretty...I love your card! The red bow is so fun and really adds a beautiful pop of color to your card!