Sunday, January 4, 2015

Winter and Snow

We started the new year out with some snow.  I was thankful it was on the week end so my driving could be limited.  I had wanted to do some visits but that will wait for another day. My snow shoveling fairies came through last night but I should go out this morning and do it again.  More snow fell during the night.  Of course, one must make a snow card during this time.  I am getting caught up on cards I did not get sent during the holidays.

This stamp is from My Favorite Things.  It is such a sweet image.


I colored the image with distress paints and gelatos.  Embossed my white cardstock with a snowflake folder.

I am entering it into two challenges.  The first challenge is the Friday Mashup.  Winter theme and snowflakes.  I think I have both of those covered.


The second challenge is the weekly challenge from The Paper Players.   Their challenge is to make a card using a recycled or repurposed item.  The cardstock used in my card - the base and the embossed layer - are recycled cardstock from commencement programs.  It is a wonderful heavy cardstock and every year at the graduation ceremonies I can't stand to watch all those programs get thrown away.  I now have people who are so into my recycling of these programs, in May, we have two ceremonies - when I get to the 2nd ceremony to work, they will already have a cart full of the programs for me.  As I wait for the graduates to arrive, I pull out the insides and save the covers.  It has saved me so much money over the years.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I have enjoyed playing with my paper and having some well earned paper therapy.

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card! I love the soft hues you used for coloring this sweet image. Plus, I LOVE that you re-used the cardstock from the graduation folders. It's snowy here this morning, and very cold...a perfect day for staying inside and stamping! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What an adorable little Christmas card, Barb. Love the snowflakes in the background and your coloring is just lovely. We're getting slammed with snow in my area of Michigan right now with even more on the way! Makes me want to create winter cards too. :) Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Claire Broadwater said...

Your card is just precious! I love the little girl. The coloring is beautiful! SO clever to us graduation programs! Great idea! Thank you so much for playing with the Paper Players this week! Stay warm! XX