Thursday, January 14, 2016

Christmas Card in January

I am trying to make Christmas card throughout the year so that I have enough in December.  Weekly challenges help to do this and these are good for me because I do not like to do bunches of the same card.  I can make maybe 4 to 6 of the same card.

This week the weekly challenge on the Christmas Card blog - Merry Monday - is to use plaid.  I love plaid paper.  As I went through some of my 6 x 6 plaids, lots of companies do not make plaid designs - what is wrong with them.  Plaid is so versatile plus you can put so many pretty colors in a plaid.


The stamp I used on the card is one I bought in the Christmas clearance section of Michael's.  I am not for sure I even like it after I used it.  Maybe I need to color it completed rather than just coloring different things on the image.  It seems that my favorite way of stamping recently is to  stamp with VersaFine Ink and clear embossing it.


This year I am also finishing the inside of the card and decorating an envelope when I make each card.  This way they will be all ready to be addressed and mailed in December.

Have a wonderful Thursday.  It has warmed up a little here in Wisconsin but we are going into the deep freeze again over the week end.  I am packing my bags getting ready to head to South Carolina for a couple weeks to visit friends.  It is only in the high 40's and 50's there but it is warmer than here.  I did cancel my pedicure - my toes aren't coming out for those temps.


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi Barb, I love your gingerbread man with the plaid paper! Enjoy your trip to the south. I hope it warms up while you're there! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Amanda said...

great card, such a cheerful chap x Amanda