Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Pretty In Pink


As the cold winds blow in February and the snow falls, I start to think about flowers and spring.  Canvas Corp has a beautiful collection called The Watering Can.  I used the sheet of paper from this collection called The Watering Can:  Seed Packets on Ivory.  There are six images on the sheet that called out to me to make cards.

The images are beautiful in the black and cream but I wanted to highlight the flowers with the color pink.  Pink is my Mom's favorite color so I am very partial to it.  I colored the flowers with the Plain Jane Baseboard paint (Gerber) which has been mixed with water to make it more transparent.

The images are matted with black.  The images have rounded corners so I rounded the corners on the black mats. 

I colored seam binding with the paint.  I wet the seam binding and then put some paint and water in a small container with the seam binding.  Once I achieved the color I wanted, I scrunched it up in a ball and let it dry.  Once it is dry it keeps this crumpled look and makes the most beautiful bows.  These bows are very easy to make and because of the crumples, they hide any mistakes in your bow making.  (As an afterthought I wish I had added some Tattered Angels mist to the ribbon when it was wet to make it sparkle.) 

I wrapped a small piece of the ribbon around each of the matted card fronts.  After this was done, foam tape was added to the back of the fronts and mounted on the card front.  

Bows were then tied and adhered to the front of the card.  
   




Do these wonderful images make you think of spring and flowers?  I am looking forward to having some time to work on my flower gardens this year.  My Mom loved her flowers and so I plant lots of pink flowers since she is no longer able to have a flower garden.  

No comments: