Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Happy Birthday Card


I wanted to make a card for a polka dot challenge and found this wonderful colored paper in a 12 x 12 pad I had bought at Michael's.  I needed a birthday card.  Away we went on a creative journey.

I think this stamp is wonderful and I have no idea where I bought it.  I heat embossed it on a more solid piece of paper from the same pad.  I picked out an area of the paper that brought in all the colors of the dots and stripes.  Here is a close up of the sentiment.


I had the ribbon - once again I have no idea where it came from but it was the perfect finishing touch for the card.  Someone asked how I tied the bow - I said:  lots of loops, scrunch and tie.  I just do it and with a soft ribbon like this it is very forgiving and turns into a beautiful bow.

It is a beautiful day in Wisconsin and I am going to putz, pick up and when it gets a little warmer out go outside and do some work in the flower gardens.  It is nice in retirement to be able to do those things.  Have a wonderful day and I hope you get to do something fun also.

No comments: