Thursday, May 12, 2016

Happy Birthday Tamela

I wanted to make a special birthday card for a former co worker.  Tamela is very talented.  She sews beautiful costumes for herself and others for Ren Fairs.  She makes jewelry and the list goes on and on for her many talents for such a young soul.

Since she loves to sew I wanted to use this dress form stamp.  I had a new die cut for flowers so used that with old pattern pieces.


Here are some close ups of different parts of the card.  You can see the leftover gold trim from a class I took with Frank Garcia.  The gold filigree was also left over from the class and the paper too.    There is a bunch of thread from canvas that I tore.  A small piece of burlap is up in the corner.  I have many pieces of lace in my collection and I used a small piece on this card.  All the edges were distressed.


I think sewing patterns make such great flowers especially on a sewing themed project.


I even decided to make a special envelope since I had to hand deliver the card.  I cut a brown paper bag into the correct size and sewed up the sides (I almost made it too small. I dug into my supply of paper doilies and added a piece of leftover Prima paper.  Both the card and envelope were sprayed with a gold Tattered Angels spray.


The card was delivered last night and she loved it.

I am entering this card into the weekly challenge on the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog where the challenge this week is Flowers.  I have a few hand made flowers on the card.

Thanks for stopping by.  It was fun to get out my vintage stuff and go to town.

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love the vintage chic! Beautiful layering and use of elements. Well done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Flowers” Challenge!

Ms.Merized said...

Love the card - and that it was made with love - beautiful all round