Friday, May 13, 2016

Happy Holidays

When you are a card maker, it is never to early to start working on your Christmas cards.  I try to look at the different challenges and find something that trips my trigger.  This week Addicted to Stamps' challenge is Holiday.    



This is nice because every day could be some sort of holiday - I went with Christmas.


This paper all comes from a 12 x 12 pad so I need to get busy and make cards from it.  I did kit 5 more cards so I can assemble them when I visit my daughter while dog sitting.  It gives me something to do and also a feeling of accomplishment plus I have some more Christmas cards completed.

The stamp is embossed with brown embossing powder.  I believe the stamp is from Hero Arts.  It has long lost its packaging.  The tree was cut with my Silhouette and then I used a background stamp to put the plaid design on it.  A little twine and a red ball complete the card.  Everything was chalked with a brown chalk.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Barb, this is a wonderful card! I can smell the cinnamon and pine, and hear laughter in the background - you have provided such a great scene with those warm, happy papers and colors - delightful card! hugs, de

lostinpaper said...

Aren't you amazing, I was only thinking the other day it's nearly that time to start my Christmas cards, I just have sooo many other cards to make I don't have the time yet.. I know I'm going to regret that thought lol. Love your fab design!

Monika Reeck said...

I really love how you made your tree
great DP you have too
and lovely color combo
many thanks to joining with us at ATSM this week
your card is wonderful
hugs
Monika (ATSM DT)

benilhalk said...

This is very interesting post on Holidays and Events Jumble. In last Christmas holidays, we spent a quality time in LA. Was a fun-filled family trip. Visited all popular spots over there and also attended a holiday party when came back at an event space Chicago. It was truly awesome!